What’s New on Don Connelly 24/7 in May
Today we publish the third blog post in the series “What’s New on Don Connelly 24/7“ – please, tell us in the comments section below, how you like this series. We recap new video and audio podcasts, Weekly Focus issues, the Monthly Newsletter, and other premium content recently released on the Don Connelly 24/7 learning center.
Naturally, non-members cannot access the premium content details (e.g. podcasts and newsletters), but you will know what topics Don discusses, what questions he answers, what issues he is helping solve through the learning center each month.
What’s new on Don Connelly 24/7 in May
Remember, the links provided in this blog post will redirect you to content which is accessible only to Professional and PLATINUM members of Don Connelly 24/7. In order to see all the details and podcasts, please log in to your account. If you are not a member yet, register here or check out our membership benefits.
New Tools of the Trade Podcasts
- What’s in it for My Center of Influence? – AskDON
- A Simple Way to Ask for a Commitment – AskDON
- Where Should I Be Focusing? – AskDON
- Vision Story – AskDON
- Why Stories Are So Effective – AskDON
Don’s Monthly Newsletter for May – Help Your Clients Understand by Making the Unfamiliar Familiar
I read with interest a recent FA Magazine article by Karen Demasters. The article was entitled Evensky Explains Clients’ Irrational Behavior in Detail. She explained that during a recent webinar, Financial Advisor and executive Harold Evensky pointed out that clients are ‘resoundingly’ not rational. In making his point, Evensky cited specific examples of poor decision making and urged all of us to learn how to prompt our clients into making better decisions.
He’s right, of course. Money does not come with instructions and the proper way to invest is in contrast to conventional thinking. Warren Buffett has urged us more than once to get greedy when the crowd gets fearful.
A big part of the problem with getting clients to change their thinking is that people don’t buy into ideas they don’t understand.
The monthly newsletter is available in written as well as audio format.
Don’s Weekly Focus
If you are not familiar with this membership benefit yet, each Wednesday Don sends our premium members a Weekly Focus email containing:
- one idea, tip, or insight for the week
- one of Don’s brief but dynamic video/audio podcasts
- one easily implemented Action Plan
During the month of May, we sent out and posted 4 Weekly Focus issues, as follows:
May 21 – Don’t Let Corporate-speak Kill You!
May 14 – What Should Advisors Be Practicing?
May 7 – Excellence Is a Habit
Latest Webinar Replay – Don Connelly Center Stage with Brian Church: Relationship Momentum for Advisors
Join Don as he and Brian discuss how to build Relationship Momentum for your ideas and your practice. This Webinar will help you:
- Understand the importance of relationships in your business
- Discover why some marketing ideas and value propositions succeed or fail
- Provide you with a formula for successful outcomes in your initiatives
- Help you acquire the ‘Three Equities’ that provide weight for your practice
- Help you determine the need for strategy and execution
- Challenge you to escape the realm of mediocrity and realize your dream
Professional and PLATINUM members of Don Connelly 24/7 can access the webinar replay for free here.
Non-members can purchase the webinar replay here.